The aim of the Onside Project is to put in place a range of football related initiatives which will help to engage and empower young people to be both actively involved and take responsibility for projects in their local community. The project as a whole takes a more co-ordinated approach through football related activities to working with young people at risk. It will promote positive opportunities for young people, increasing levels of participation with the aim of reducing levels of anti-social behaviour.
The Onside Project which runs across the district of St Albans is run in partnership with St Albans City and District Council, The Community Safety Partnership, and The Hertfordshire Police Constabulary.
The project gives young people the opportunity to come and enjoy a range of activities in a relaxed environment.
The football sessions are delivered by Watford FCs CSE Trust qualified coaches. And cost just £1 for 8-11 year olds and are FREE for 12-16 year olds
- All equipment provided
- Fun football coaching sessions
- Organised small sided games/tournaments
- Train with professional football coaches
- Learn and develop new skills and abilities
- Get fit and healthy
- Make friends and have fun
- Chance to be recommended to one our Player Development Centres
- Volunteering and Training opportunities
- Watford F.C Matchday package experience for players that show good attendance at sessions
- Links and routes into local football and sports clubs